Japanese cheesecake is a wonderful dessert, it’s not too “cheesy” like other cheesecake, its’ soft and fluffy texture make you craving for more. After trying a few times with different recipes, I think this is one of the best recipe of all.
6 large eggs
1 3/4 tbsp lemon juice
15g Corn starch
75g Cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
80g granulated sugar
4 tbsp unsalted butter
250g cream cheese
~ water bath
~ 8inch or 9 inch round cake pan
- Preheat oven at 160C.
- Microwave cream cream cheese, milk and unsalted butter together. Can take out a few times stir and microwave to help it melt better.
- Beat with mixer until smooth.
- Sifted the cake flour and corn starch into the mixture. Add the egg yolks, sugar, salt and lemon juice and continue beat until smooth. Set aside
- Use another bowl, whip the egg whites with cream of tartar and sugar until medium peak. (Fresh and room temperature eggs can get to peak better)
- Use a cake spatula to fold in the egg whites mixture into the cream cheese mixture in 3 parts. Fold until the batter is well mix.
- Prepare a water bath by placing the cake pan on a larger pan, fill the water in the larger pan. You can also try wrap the cake pan with a wet cloth too. These are to keep the oven moist.
- Baked at 160C for an hour. Turn off the heat and leave the cake in the oven for another 30-45min.